Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 2

Today was supposed to be "What I wore" day, but by the time I remembered I was wearing yoga pants and didn't feel like changing.

So, let's call it "What I did" instead.


This picture pretty much explains our whole day: laundry, paranoid dog, and a Star Wars marathon. The laundry is self-explanatory. The dog was stuck to my leg like glue all day after a smoke-alarm battery change resulted in some apparently terrifying beeping. If you've never seen a German Shepherd quake with fear, just come over with any beeping electronic device. That's my dog, fearless in the face of danger. 

The Star Wars marathon was made possible by my dear friend Lexi loaning us their VCR. I recently reclaimed my original Star Wars trilogy from my parents' house, but haven't had the requisite VHS player needed to view them in years. Return of the Jedi was one of the very first movies I have memories of watching (the other was The Little Mermaid), and the trilogy still remains my favorite "movie" of all time (it's really so hard to pick between the first two for that top slot). I've tried for years to find the original, unmolested versions on DVD, but George Lucas is like DaVinci with the Mona Lisa - if DaVinci were aging backwards like Benjamin Buttons and ended up scribbling over Mona with a magic marker. 

Bonus nerd points to whoever who knows which scene is on the screen in the picture. 



No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...