Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Fashion Week: Day One

Hello, fashion-loving friends.

I've been talked into join a blog round-up of sorts this week by my dear friend Lexi. Apparently, a group of bloggers, led by the lovely Deanna, posts pictures of their autumn wardrobe throughout a given week in September. New day, new outfit. I suppose these serve as inspiration for those putting together their own fall looks, but I see it as an excuse to wear fun outfits, so I'm in!

Today's effort was a bit half-assed I hate to say. I snapped a ghetto picture in the hallway mirror on my way out the door for a movie and dinner with my little brother.


Let's face it, even though it's officially fall now, we still live in Tennessee and have warm days. I just got this dress at our clothes swap the other day so I was excited to wear it!

Dress: Clothes Swap (Lexi, i think it was yours!)
Shoes: TJ Maxx (i just bought these and they're amazing)
Cardigan: J.Crew
Necklace: Tiffany & Co. (a gift from Arbonne)
Watch: also from Arbonne!

I am all about cardigans over tank tops for fall in the south, because you can always take the sweater off if it gets too hot! And I love the cute, swingy dress because it has pockets

Pairing a girly dress with some driving mocs and a cardigan or jean jacket is a great way to dress it down for the weekend. 

Don't forget to check back for the rest of Fall Fashion Week, and check out the other bloggers participating, too!


delirious rhapsody

7 comments:

Lexi said...

That was my dress! It looks great on you. And, if it makes the free dress any more special...I got it for $1.75 at the good will :) Adorable outfit! Welcome to fall fashion week!

On a separate note it took like 10 tries for me to get the "i'm not a robot" thing to believe me...I promise...I'm not a robot!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

what part of tennessee are you in? i'm in alabama, and the weather has been crazy lately. one day it's windy and 70, the next it's 90.

your dress is cute! thanks for linking up. :)

Rachel said...

Deanna, we're in Chattanooga! It's been a lovely fall-like week, but today was a bit warm. When the sun started going down, however, i was really glad i'd worn the sweater! Thanks for doing Fashion Week! :)

Charlotte said...

Clothing swaps are the BEST! I'm trying to convince some of my friends that we need to have one soon.

Rachael said...

Dresses + pockets = for the win! This is an adorable ensemble and I love that you have brother dates!

Rachel said...

Charlotte, I love clothing swaps! It'd been forever since I had done one and I forgot how fun it is! Rachael, I love having my little brother close enough to do brother dates now! He just started going to college 45 minutes away from us and it's been so nice! :)

Molly Page said...

Sounds like your clothes swap was a killer experience! Such a fun idea.

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...