Monday, September 17, 2012

Make it so: Sparkly pumpkins!

Oh, fall. I love the air, the pumpkins, the hot tea and cider, the falling leaves - I love it all!

And I really, really love fall decorations.

While I adore the sparkly metallic pumpkins you see everywhere right now, I do not adore paying $5 a piece for something that will only be out 2 months a year. So, guess what time that makes it - spray paint time! I had a can of silver Krylon spray paint leftover from the dining room canvases, and plenty of gold paint left over from the jewelry box, so this project cost next to nothing!

A few plastic pumpkins from the dollar store...$9.



Coated them with a few coats of silver and gold, let them dry, flipped them and painted the other side....




Ta daaa! Aren't they cute? Some of the pumpkins had a nice texture to them which showed up even better when painted. 




I still haven't figured out what to do with the large pumpkins yet...any ideas? They're each about 6 inches in diameter. Winner gets a painted pumpkin of their very own! :) 

No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...