Monday, August 6, 2012

Make it so: Paintings and pennant flags

Remember these?


Here's how they turned out! 


It is the easiest project ever but looks awesome! I bought vinyl letters from the school supplies section at Wal-mart, stuck them over the painted canvases, and spray painted the whole thing silver. When you pull the letters off, viola! Gradient word paintings! I loved them so much I decided to incorporate them into my bedroom redesign. 

Here's the finished bedroom project! Mostly I re-arranged the furniture and added some art to the walls. 


See my word paintings? I did them on scrap cardboard and framed it with a dollar store frame. Talk about cheap! I estimate that project cost less than $3 including the paint and vinyl letter stickers. 




Also this summer, I have made a TON of pennant flags! For the tables at my car presentation:



And as an adorable tiny cake topper: 



I love them! 

What is your favorite crafty project lately? 


1 comment:

Molly Page said...

Look at you, crafty McGee. Color me impressed.

The word art is super cool! And I love the sci-fi quotes you used. Totally nerdy chic.

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...