Monday, August 6, 2012

My year in review

The most traumatic birthday for me, age wise, was 25. I remember thinking that everyone who had ever done anything remotely cool or noteworthy had done so while in their early 20s, and 25 seemed like the confirmation that I was officially NOT noteworthy. My life had not, in fact, turned out like a John Hughes movie (thank you, Olive Pendergrass for pointing out what all of us have been thinking all these years).

By the time you reach 28, though, you're pretty comfortable in your own skin. I know more about who I am now - I've found an awesome job that I want to do until I'm 80, I love my husband more than ever, and I'm ok with the fact that words like "flux capacitor" and "parallel universe" have a place in my daily vocabulary.

Twenty-seven was a pretty epic year. I replaced my income and left my full time job. I went to the Bahamas with my bestie on Arbonne's dime.



Got to go to California to see another best friend - twice. I get homesick for LA now.



Had Christmas at my house this year, thus proving I'm officially an adult. And I baked a figgy pudding, which actually was very tasty. No wonder carolers have been clamoring for it all these years!



I went to a great Area Managers conference in Pigeon Forge, where I learned from the best leaders in my business and got to wear my best "country" duds to the Dixie Stampede. 



Got to see my "other half" other Rachel from college in Greenville, SC, meet her new fiance, and road trip with Anna! (Getting Rachel and Anna to be adventurous with asian food)



Went to GTC training conference in Las Vegas, discovered the entirety of Sin City is actually one slutty, dirty strip mall. You know, classy sleazy is one thing (think Rat Pack era Vegas), but most of what I saw was trashy sleazy. GTC is in Vegas every year, though, so Vegas - you'll have lots more opportunities to change my mind. Here's hoping.




The highlight of my summer - went to Disney World with my bestie, my sister in law, and her bestie. Epic fun was had by all. And Disney gets my vote for best allergy-friendly destination EVER. Seriously, I ate better there than I have in a long time. There are friendly chefs everywhere just waiting to make your meal allergen-free!

  
My favorite ride ever. You can see the joy on my face. :)



We wear fezzes now. Fezzes are cool. 



Then, to top it all off, I got my Arbonne company car, a gorgeous white Merceedes Benz station wagon. It is obviously the nicest car I've ever owned, and I'm so grateful! I know it's just a car and everything, but it's a super. nice. car. I love my job. 



Then, to finish out my 27th year, I chopped all my hair off. Because I could. 



Here's to another year of incredible people, places, and crafty projects. I think this will be the best one yet! :)

2 comments:

Molly Page said...

Ya, so, I didn't know what an Arbonne rock star you are! You drive a freakin' Benz??? Nicely played.

Annnnnnd, your hair is totally adorable.

Rachel said...

Thank you! And thanks for being my sole blog-commenter! ;)

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...