Thursday, June 27, 2013

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 13

"A good habit"


I'm going to do a little switching around in my theme for today, because I have fresh blueberries! From my yard! When we moved here, there were two dinky blueberry bushes in my back yard, but they didn't yield more than a couple stray berries for the first couple of years. Then, last year they exploded with fruit! I picked this years' first crop earlier this morning. 

I LOVE fruit! I keep my freezer stocked with frozen organic berries and mango year round, along with lots of fresh bananas and apples. Most of it I blend up in my daily protein shakes/smoothies, and I love it! It's a really easy way to sneak in a ton of nutrients and get several servings of your daily fruit and veg requirements in one go. If you need a good protein shake try this one - it's amazing! I like the vanilla because it goes with every mix in (I like to get creative - coffee, pumpkin, whatever I have on hand!), but the chocolate is stellar, too. 


No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...