Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Changes in Freezing Temperatures

It's been cold. So much so that I've stopped wishing for snow (well, at least cut back) and I'm ready for spring. Our pipes froze this week even though we left a faucet dripping. We hoped and prayed for two days (during which the temperature hovered at or below 20 degrees), and when it finally got above freezing again, the pipes thawed nicely with no bursting. Whew. Hot water is wonderful, and I take it for granted. All that and no snow. Sigh. Maybe I'm not quite over it yet.

It was a frigid day in Washington D.C. yesterday, but that didn't stop more than a million people from gathering on the national mall to catch a glimpse of President Obama's inauguration. No matter what your political leanings, you have to agree that it was a historic and significant occasion, not only for us in America but for people around the world. Now, when we tell a child that he can be anything he wants when he grows up, even the President, it's actually true.

No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...