Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fashion 101: Transitions

So, the mornings and evenings are getting chilly, you've pulled out all your snuggly sweaters and boots, but you're not quite sure how to go from sundresses and tank tops to cardigans and corduroys . . .

The answer, of course, is always layering! If you've got a couple pairs of cute tights and a few scarves, you can carry many of your summer outfits over into fall. 

Now, excuse the wall-mirror pictures. 

I bought this cute teal chiffon dress on the clearance rack, but couldn't bear to put it right into the summer box. Out comes the scarf and boots! 


It was a fairly warm day, so I skipped the tights. 


My sweet friend Ruth and I were both rocking our stripes at church the other week. Isn't she adorable? Love how she tied the scarf around her waist to break up the stripes, and I love her cute tights! 


Stripes don't have to be only for summer! 


Ok, last layering example, you can wear a cardigan with just about everything! The short sleeved button down shirt is floral, but it's a nice subtle floral print that's not too summery. You can wear your summer dresses or shirts on into fall if you stick to smaller florals or more muted prints. 


What are some of your favorite layering pieces? 

No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...