Thursday, July 12, 2007

war and peace

Peace. We will never see peace.
We yearn for it. We pray for it. Fight for it. Die for it.
Yet it will not come.

God's children, his creation, killing each other in his name. We are hopelessly corrupted. There can never be peace.

But there will be. Someday.

In God's kingdom, there is hope, life, peace. Oh, how I long for it. But it seems so far off.
Father, redeem your earth. Fix our miserably broken lives.

I want to live in peace. I want to see beauty, to watch salvation and redemption overcome. I want to write books, listen to an opera, watch a sunset. To love, to raise a family. To live without fear.

Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief.

No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...