Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happiness is a warm puppy

And a box of kleenex.

I've been wiped out by a bout of bronchitis for the past several days. It has been . . . boring. I tried to do some homework, but really all my brain could handle was sleep, a few episodes of Chuck, and occasionally cheering on the college week contestants on Wheel of Fortune (I was sick ok? It's not like I watch it all the time. . . well, ok, maybe I do.)

I think the highlight of my three days on the couch, though, was my dog. Normally, if I'm home and not playing with her enough, she likes to steal shoes, tissues, socks, or dishtowels in an effort to initiate a game of chase. Fun for her, not so much for me. When I'm sick, however, she knows. It's like she goes out of her way to be a really good dog. I think she's only stolen one shoe and a couple of kleenex all week, and I haven't even been able to take her on any walks. She just understands. She spends most of the day next to the couch, laying her head on my lap, or curled up on the doormat keeping an eye on me.


Keeping guard.




Whatcha doin' mom?




Maybe you need a little kiss?

Or maybe we could cuddle? I'd be happy to get on the couch with you.

Shluuurrrpp. Feel better now?


I love her. :)

No comments:

Watermelon, feta, and butter lettuce salad with walnuts and white balsamic.  I love my CSA box.  And not the flippant, I-love-th...